Monday, October 20, 2008

something to write about

Its been a really really long time since I wrote. Mostly I just did not have the time and when I did, then I could'nt think of something intelligent to write about. Its interesting to read other people's blogs. Everyone seems to be doing so many things at once. Their days are packed and they have so many experiences to write about. Me on the other hand lead a pretty mundane routine. I wake up, brush my teeth, shower and go to work. At work I try meeting deadlines, I try to get my creative calling to come through and try to be as focused as I can possibly be. Then I head back home , where I am welcomed by the toothy grin of my 17 month old baby, who is such a bundle of joy and energy that her smile and her ways just lift me up. She's a mommy's girl through and through and through and to be honest I really like it. I love the ma-ma chants, I love the tiny fingers that clasp mine, I love the way she wants to snuggle with me at night and wants to see my face first thing in the morning. In the middle of the night, i love to breathe in her baby scent, I love feeling her warm soft fingers in my palm and I can spend hours gazing at her serene face. Is this what people write about? Is this the bone crushing love that I feel called being a mom. I don't know. I don't know if what I am doing is right or wrong. I dont know if my actions today will make her a better person in her future, but i hope that the time i spend with her, warms her heart and keeps the warmth glowing for the rest of the years.
My life pretty much centers around my daughter. In fact my husband accuses me of being obsessed with her sometimes. I dont think i am a person who can balance things quite so easily. I am a pretty volatile girl and I love extremes. I can eat till I burst, go on an all out shopping binge and love and hate with equal intensity. I love to dream and dream some more. I can dream entire sequences and events in my head in pure visual relief. Its this power of visualisation that is what helps me be a better artist and yet stops me just short of being delusional.
Strange that I was wondering a while ago about what to write about!!! I took a deep breath, shifted myself to a more comfortable position and began to think again......My mind is wandering now...its travelling, I can smell the ocean breeze, feel the crunchy salty air in my mouth.....I so crave a relaxing vacation, I so want to just close my eyes and breathe....

No comments: