Sunday, June 1, 2008

growing up

All of a sudden i wondered what was wrong with me? Why was my foot not tapping to the new song playing on the radio,? Why did i roll up my eyes when i saw that girl walking by in leather pants..in MAY??? Why do i chose comfort over style or suddenly worry about heart disease??!!

Groan I thought to myself..I'm all grown up now! Hip hop does not thrill me, leather pants in MAY are so "ohmyGAWWDDDD!!!" worrying about heart disease and diabetes and the likes is topmost on my hypochondriac mind! When did this happen i thought to myself? Yesterday, i was browsing though the flea market and looking for a comfy thingy to wear around the house, but instead i was assaulted by piles and piles of thin stringy numbers that i would'nt even consider wearing in the privacy of my bathroom! I am of the old school, the bridge between the older generation and the hipper new models of the kids born in the nineties. I am straddling the time when the media and technology has taken over all aspects of our lives and distances are just a (mobile)phone call away. Its hard to accept that i'm growing up. From a twenty something i've become a thirty something and fast spiralling upwards. The first grey hair may have spelt maturity but so many grey hair later my maturity is seriouslybeing questioned!

I try hard to keep pace with the this and thats that are hip and young today. I try bthe lingo-walk the talk and sometimes even dress the part, but deep down i know i'm changing. I growing up and thinking differently. My priorities have changed and i think of issues like safety and environment...that will effect not only my future but my daughters future as well. Growing up is a bittersweet feeling. Its learning to accept who I am, its learing to love myself in spite of my flaws. Its learning to be responsible and caring. Its learning to be nurturing and yet letting go of the don't care attitude of my past. I can safely walk into a store and head for the WOMENS section now, I can read the EDITORIAL page of the newspaper instead of the gossip or the comic sections and I can handle my finances with ease. I can speak my mind and not worry about its long term impacts and most of all I can listen to Michael Buble' over P Diddy ..because I am all grown up now

1 comment:

yogi said...

u can really write well yaar.... why not try for a book... all u r experiences till date